Saturday, February 26, 2011

La Vie en Rose

Finally got around to seeing Black Swan today! It's how I prefer my thrillers, with a touch of glitz and pyshcodrama. Not too scary, but definately has its cringe inducing moments. The costume work is stunning, and the classic Swan Lake refrain really pulls you in. It's engaging to watch how an obsession can crumble a person and overall, I'd see it again, but only if I'm prepared for a pretty serious two hours.
Dress - Alannah Hill
Bag - glomesh imitation from James' grandmother
shoes - Rubi shoes
stockings - What Katie Did (UK)
Pearl necklace - Birthday gift from James
Hair Clip - made by me!



I'm getting much better at the "Eternal Roll" hairdo, followed from a tutorial by Freelancer's Fashionblog; A nice little blog of vintage dressing and lifestyle.
Here's the tutorial:

2 comments:

the freelancer's fashionblog said...

Your hair looks great! I love this do as it seems to suit most faces, and yours especially well. Looks great with the flowers and together with that dress :)

Sarah said...

Thankyou! I really appreciate the tutorial, so clear and concise! As well as you taking the time to check out my blog, you've made my day!