Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The book I write

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
 Christopher Robin to Pooh by A. A. Milne

For my first blog, I should tell you who I am, what I do, what I like... but I think it is more fun for you to discover that along the way. Instead, I'll outline an idea of what I hope this will be.
I was always a child who thought I couldn't wear vintage, couldn't write poems, couldn't dance, couldn't do many things because I was too short, too silly, too something that was just not enough. Then one day I woke up and decided to slip on some red lipstick, don a pair of heels and type something that was completely bizarre, completely unique and also, completely mine, and when I did, I realised I was not lacking, but just waiting for a time to shine.
So for me, this is a chance to correct old notions of perfection and chronicle the joys of being eccentric; because why should insanity be suffered, when it can be enjoyed?

Love
Sarah

No comments: