Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thistle and weeds

Feeling decidely "un" everything today. Perhaps it's the weather or perhaps it's the fact I have to work out what I want to do with my life... whatever the reason, today I'm giving you a quick tutorial for knitting a headband.
If you don't know how to knit, this is a nice project to start with as it's simple and the result can be quite nice! This website is a great help, just follow the pictures and remember that you can always pull the stitches out and start again if it's not working! http://www.patons.biz/knitting_info/How_to_Knit.htm
For my headband, I cast on 12 stitches and kept knitting rows (garter stitch) until it was long enough to wrap around my head. (Remember, knitted garments have a fair amount of stretch, so if in doubt underestimate the length needed.) Cast off, leaving a 30cm length of wool which you can then use to sew the ends togethor and form a loop. That's your headband!
For the bow, I cast on 8 stitches and after knitting to the size I wanted; cast off, wrapped wool around the middle and stitched it in place. There you go, done!
Here's some pics of how mine turned out, excuse the poor photography, I really wasn't in the mood this morning...




Now for some Mumford & Sons
x

No comments: