Wednesday, April 13, 2011

American pie

Inspired by Pushing Daisies (and procrastination, my eagle-eyed friend pointed out), today I baked and tasted my first ever pumpkin pie!
Can't get enough of orange lately, must be the autumn in the air! Spring and autumn are quite possibly my favourite times of the year!
And despite my hate for traditional pumpkin anything, I actually found the buttery, spicy flavour of this pie delightful!

What do you think? Looks pretty scrumptious to me!


Pushing Daisies! (Seriously, why haven't you watched that show yet? : P) I love having fresh flowers in the house, I simply don't understand the desire some developers have to rip up fully establish gardens and replace them with mac-mansions... They're horrid! Give me a little garden any day!

 A treat to look forward to!

Love xo

11 comments:

Thomas Bergin said...

I believe this is the place where I make awesome brownie suggestions, because I'm such a good friend :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct5Q73pgVMA&feature=channel_video_title
x

Sarah said...

awesome, wish all cooking shows were like this!

Anonymous said...

YUM

Sarah said...

I agree anon! :D

Hilary said...

Haha when I saw this the first thing that crossed my mind was 'But you hate pumpkin!' See, see - delicious right? And I think you totally want to bring some to psych for me tomorrow, mmyes? Yes. =)
xx

Sarah said...

Lol, you know me too well Hilary! That's exactly what James said also! I still maintain that pumpkin without overt sugary and spicy flavouring just ain't that great... but still nowhere near as bad as brussel sprouts... Urgh!!

Thomas Bergin said...

yeh I hate plain pumpkin and brussel sprouts
right on!
x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Nom, nom, nom.

Sarah said...

:D I'm thinking it's time to get cooking again... maybe a super kitch william and kate party is in order...:P

Ani said...

that looks lovely! I'm going to have to give pumpkin pie a go! x

Sarah said...

You definately should Ani, i't's a little strange but quite nice too! :) x