Monday, April 25, 2011

Nailed it

Hello!
Hope everyone is having a great Easter! Just wanted to start this post by saying hello to any new readers, as I've found a few comments from fresh faces lately and wanted to thank each and everyone of you. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on my blog, it truly makes my day! (And to any loyal readers, thankyou so much for your loyalty!)
Meanwhile, as you may have realised I've been having a little time off lately for Easter so my outfits have been lacking (mostly pyjama's and work uniforms which believe me, you don't need a post wasted on) However, with lots of home time comes, lots of television, and with that comes nails!
Forgoing my normal half-moon nails (circa 1940's) I decided to do a jaunty spotty design, inspired by today's trip to Luna park! (A traditional fair-ground theme-park in Sydney http://www.lunaparksydney.com/, which is hosting an event for sideshow acts and buskers this weekend. I can't wait to see some of the circus feats, I love the mix of danger, bizarre and comedy)
Plus, to top it off, the purple polish smells like grapes! Yum!
Yet, the pièce de résistance of my nail painting dalliance is surely my Mum's nails, in honour of the Royal Wedding! My Mum is a primary school librarian and the kids adore it when she does something kooky. Previously I've painted her nails with pink and red polka-dots and as this regal occasion approached I couldn't resist an excuse for kitsch! so... Ta-da!

The Union Jack


 The Happy Couple


Hope this gave you a laugh, I certainly found it fun! That's all for today, see you soon!
Love

5 comments:

Thomas Bergin said...

everyone loves a kooky librarian!
x

w.s said...

ahahaha your mums nails are so awesome! good job :D (but fail at thinking hoopla was at luna park hehehe :P) love you!

Sarah said...

I know, complete fail! Yet, anothr reason you need to read my blog: to make sure I don't strand myself somewhere in the big wild world! (p.s. Candy-pants photos, tick tock!) Also, free Sunday?

w.s said...

yeah vandypants always says she'll upload photos...then they appear a year later and only because i've abused her. umumumumumumumumumum snday :S....i think i'm free but then i have that nagging "you're forgetttttting something idiot" feeling...but yes i think so :)

Anonymous said...

haha your nail skills are sooooo much more amazing then mine! and the only thing i can think of with the grape smelling nail polish, is the the sour grape lipsmackers... yummmmmyyyy
haha. guess who :P
xx