Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The step in my groove

I've always found it quite difficult to find clothes to go out to bars and clubs in. Probably because, while I don't mind dressing differently, I don't want to be dressed completely inappropriately. Often, what I wear is more dressy than your average joe, which is perfect for theatre, dinners and movies, but for clubs I tend to feel a certain pressure to downplay. My authentic vintage dresses often fall below the knee, and can look almost prudish next to bum-high tank "dresses", and I'm so clumsy that I cringe to think of the spills and tears that could ensue. So normally I try for new dresses, with a vintage twist. Usually emplying accessories like red lipstick, hats, corsets and gloves.
Here's some looks I've come up with lately...
At Tom's birthday (yes, this is the same dress as the Katy Perry concert)

Funny picture, and yes... Tom is wearing red lipstick... not quite sure why... I must be a good influence on him!



 Excuse the silly face in this next picture...


Sorry the quality is horrible in this photo, but I wanted to include a full body shot.

I'd love to hear what you wear when in the city, any tips or suggestions?
Love xo

4 comments:

Thomas Bergin said...

ah an event of mine where a camera was present!
albeit it wasn't yours
x

Sarah said...

My camera was very present, note picture 3! I jsut haven't posted any of the photos I took as they weren't any good. And, if you want to take photos, get a camera and take them!! Don't rely on me to do it for you! x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Ooohhh... they are two divine dresses.

Sarah said...

Thankyou! (which two? :P ) xox