Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We just want to see you...

Shake that! (Yep, still got that song stuck in my head and for Hilary's pleasure I wrote "in" my head, not "on" as I normally do!) Every few months I compile a cd of favourite songs to play in my man's car whenever the radio is disappointing. Often it's a mix of new songs or revived oldies, today's list goes a little bit like this:
  • I'm Not Over - Carolina Liar (been out for a while, but I really enjoy this song; it captures the need to escape perfectly)
  • Downfall - Matchbox Twenty (One of my all time favourite songs that can literally bring me to tears)
  • Supermassive Black Hole - Muse (Can't seem to escape Muse or this song, which encapsulates desire to a burning "T")
  • It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - The Puppini Sisters (I only just found this band, and boy I'm glad I did! They combine my love of covers with my love of war-time ditties, Hoopla!)
  • She Said - Plan B (The perfect strutting song)
  • Rolling in the Deep - Adele (Amazing artist, she's yet to disappoint!)
  • You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates (I dare you not to smile to this song... *jumps up and starts doing awesome air-kicks*)
  • Let's Twist Again - Big Booper (A classic)
  • Walk Like An Egyptian - The Puppini Sisters (more Puppini... )
  • In The Mood - The Puppini Sisters (And even more...)
  • Bad Things - Jace Everett (Love me a bit of country *grabs a whisky*)
  • Once Upon A December - David Newman (Beautiful song)
  • Fall at Your Feet - Crowded House (Heart-breaking band)
  • You've Got The Love - Florence and the Machine (Another show-stopper)
  • I Will Survive - The Puppini Sisters (I think by now, you've probably realised I like this band!)
  • Cell Block Tango - Chicago (Pop! To get me in the mood for my upcoming Tango exam)
  • This Love - Maroon 5 (Seems appropriate after cell-block)
  • Bei Mir Bist Du Schon - The Puppini Sisters (My Favourite Puppini song, cannot stop playing it!)
  • A Girl Like You - Edqyn Collins (In my eyes, this song is a forgotten gem. It's the ideal femme fatale 80's song, just right for getting ready and slipping your gun into your garter...)
  • Don't Sit under that Apple Tree - The Puppini Sisters
  • Crazy in Love - The Puppini Sisters
  • Party Rock Anthem - LMHAO feat. Lauren Bennet (Of course... )
Are there any song you can't get enough of lately? New or old, I'd love to read what you love to hear!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great collection sarah!
:)
in my procrastination, i've come to be obsessed with:
- "white lillies" by peder ft. ane trolle
- "cosmic love" by florence and the machine
- "runaway" by the yeah yeah yeah's
- "moan (Trentemøller vocal remix)" by Trentemøller
- "dancing on my own" by robyn
- "dancehall queen" also by robyn
- "under the sheets" by ellie goulding
- "telling the world" by taio cruz
- "fly love" by jamie foxx
- "lovely head" by goldfrapp
- "like a virgin" by big daddy
and last but by no means least..
- "you can leave your hat on" by joe cocker

quite a mix i know but my favourites at the moment nonetheless!
love,
nicolette xox

Sarah said...

:D Thanks for taking the time to comment, and such a lovely comment too!
I'm laughing a bit because some of these songs are also some of my favourite, especially Joe Cocker, you can't go wrong with him! And also Moan and Cosmic Love, superb!
Can't wait to check the others out, you have such great taste in music. xox

w.s said...

hahahaha! emma and i were singing (aka ecstatically screaming) along to "You Make My Dreams" just last night when we went for a drive! so so good! and so are so many more of your choices, and i hope that "Once Upon A December" forever reminds you of me :)