Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pass the ammunition

Watched my first episode of Downton Abbey, and I have to say I'm really enjoying both the aesthetics and storyline. If you have a chance, check it out! The first episode hints at the begins of a good historical drama. I also love the Bates' character; he's got that good, hardworking ethic about him and I feel there's a hint of romance in his future.
Meanwhile, perhaps in shadow of the forthcoming exams, I've been wearing more utilitarian clothing lately and forgoing makeup in favour of a snazzy hat (which hopefully distracts from my frustrating complexion... *sigh* blame it on the stress)! So, here's my forties inspired outfit for university yesterday.
Sorry, the photos aren't great today!
Dress - 1940's girl scout uniform
Brooch - made of a shoe clip from Vinnies and a swallow pin from Hilary
Shoes - Vinnies
Belt - Sportsgirl
Hat - 1940's from etsy



 Do you like my invention? The green pom-pom is a shoe clip from Vinnies, and the swallow was a gift from Hilary!
Boring ponytail spiced up with a hat!

Me, sans makeup.
I also found this song and thought the lyrics were so funny! It's called "I'm riding for a fall" and starts at 2:40. (As a preview, some of the best lyrics are "I know she's a dangerous critter, but I can't quit her!" and "I know people died of her cooking, but Oh, she's so good looking!")
Love xoxo

8 comments:

hila said...

I'm so addicted to downton abbey, I bought the dvds, but I'm still watching it one TV. and I have to agree about Bates ;)

Sarah said...

:D Channel 7 finally got around to showing the first episode after a good three months of hype, and I think I might be too impatient too wait for the rest to be played on tv.... :P xox

Hilary said...

I missed the first episode! I'll have to save it as an after-exams treat, considering i only just discovered season 3 and 4 of secret diary of a call girl and that has been taking up way too much of my time =P
And excellent invention =)
xx

LORENA said...

the green looks very nice on you! like the hat very much :-)

TravelDesignery.com
.

Anonymous said...

Selling any cookies??
:P
Erin xx

Sarah said...

Thankyou everyone for your comments!
Also, I like your thinking Erin,'perhaps I'll wander the streets this holidays selling baked goods? Or we could set up a lemonade stall! (since I never got to do any of this as a child!) xo

Anonymous said...

Lets add it to the list of things to do in the holidays :)
xx

Sarah said...

done! Can't wait to see you again! xoxo