Monday, August 15, 2011

Blue sky, white spots

Bought these "new" old "spin curlers" from etsy last week and I thought, with a new hair cut and colour, now was the perfect time to give them a try!


Isn't this advertisement awesome! That crazy Nancy Munks, doing her own hair! What will she think of next?
I found these curlers really interesting. The actual curling was quite simple once you got the ends tucked under and they were very easy to sleep in. But...
These sure did give me a 'fro! My curls were out of this world, completely giant bouffes of insane hair which, even after several brushes, refused to calm down. I think it has something to do with the width of the rod, much too thin... However, I refuse to give up on them just yet! Shall experiment further and see what happens. Luckily, I did some of my normal pin-curls in the rest of my hair, so I managed to hide the worst of the frizz under a giant sun hat!

Pants - Portmans
Shoes - Urban Outfitters
Top and Hat - Vinnie's
Cardigan - Forever New


Hope your week is going beautifully!
Love
xox

12 comments:

Thomas Bergin said...

Still loving those pants on you,
gorgeous curves
xoxo

Solanah said...

Oh your hair turned out darling! What a fun find those are!

xoxo
Solanah

Sarah said...

Thankyou! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Sarah! What beautiful curls you have! Where did you find this wonderful invention and where can I find one myself?? My life-long yearning for curls would finally be satisfied..
Gorgeous as per usual :)
Nicolette xox

Sarah said...

He he! Thankyou Nicolette! To be honest, the curls you are seeing are mainly from pin curls, the "curlers" actually gave me teeny tiny ringlets that were impossible to brush out. But if you are interested, try seraching etsy √ľnder "vintage" and "hair curlers". Goodluck!
xoxo

w.s said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D I LOVE YOUR HAIR! i already loved it from the phone photo but it looks even sweeter curled!!!!!!! oh i'm so proud of you my darling, this is not a decision to regret! i told you you could pull off short hair :D SQUEEEEEEE i'm so happy right now :D hughguhguhguhguhguhguhguhguhguhughguhguhguhguhguhguhhuhughuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug <3 <3 <3

Sarah said...

Lol, in reality, there's little difference from this and when it got cut by crazy lady, except a tad shorter. But yes, liking it because this time I got to choose how I wanted it to be! xox

Karolina said...

you look so cute! And those spin curlers are quite a find! :)

<3
K

Sarah said...

Thanks Karolina!! I love your hair style, looks fantastic. xox

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas Bergin said...

I just....need to know what you have been up to in the last week!!!!!
xoxox

Sarah said...

You know what I've been doing... coughing and sneezing and generally being sickly. xox