Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let's get together again

Tried a new hair set on the weekend and wore it to a Sunday showing of The Help with my Mum and Big Sister.

The Hair
For a change, I attempted the 1940's soft style from Beauty is a thing of the past.

When you first begin trying, pin curls can be quite overwhelming. My advice is to watch some youtube videos (there are lots out there) and once you have learnt the general knack, try some more complex styles. This is where pin-curls sets come in handy, as they tell you how to lay the curls and how to brush them out in order to create new looks.
Here's an example of how I curled my hair in this weekend. The purple are the curls laying towards my face and the pink represent the curls running the opposite direction, away from my face. (Normally I roll them flat and towards my face, a.k.a. all purple).
Damn, that looks sexy.
Here are the after photos, excuse the no-makeup-tired face


I found this set did create a certian wave, what do you think?

The Help
I really enjoyed this movie! Not only was the costuming and set-design lovely eye-candy, but the story is intelligent and well-thought out. It acknowledges both the dark-side of humanity and the resilience of those targeted, reminding movie-goers to respect each other and push for positive change.

1950 hat and dress- opshop and Canterbury fair (respectively)
Shoes - Urban Outfitters
Cardigan - Forever New
Gloves - side of the road!

6 comments:

Renata said...

What a beautiful hairstyle! It suits you very well :)

hila said...

I really want to see this movie, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

and oh my! your hair looks divine, as does your outfit. You have such patience to go through all those hair pins! some days I can't even be bothered running a brush through my hair :)

Miss Meadows said...

Very pretty! My hair is too long to do a hairstyle like that. Not ready to cut it off yet though :)

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Wow. I am so impresed how with the hairstyle turned out. I'm sooo... lazy with my hair and try to cheat my way to vintage styles - it never works.

Sarah said...

Thankyou everyone! I really do love comments! To be honest, I'm usually all too lazy when it comes to hair, bit lately I've been really trying to put in the extra effort. xo

Colette said...

Love the result! I couldn't do that to mine as it is already naturally curly AND it's too long. But it suits you well ^_^.
I LOVED the Help! It was very emotional and the set was so inspiring! Loved the dresses and the cars and well... the decor in general. *Sigh* Makes you want to go back to the 50s just for the vintage life...not so much for the civil rights...