Monday, October 24, 2011

Hair-band curls

Inspired by this video...


.... via Vixen Vintage's facebook page, I decided to try a new way of curling my hair.
I followed the same routine I use when I pin curl my hair; shower, dry till damp, spray with setting lotion or mousse, then attack!
I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set, you only need a large elastic hair band (but I did add some additional bobby pins to secure it). Essentially, you sit the hair band like a halo, take a piece of hair from the sides and tuck over the band. Keep going until all your hair is wrapped around.
Please ignore the tired-not-made-up face and over-exposure, it's the only way to show what my dark hair looks like!
My hair before going to bed.

 Stylish! Actually, this would make a cute hairstyle if the bow wasn't plastered firmly to my forehead!
 In the morning, after sleeping on the set. Unfortunately the hair right at the back was still damp. I blasted it with the hair dryer, but it came out a bit flat. Make sure your hair is just dry before wrapping, no more!

 Immediately after taking hair out, note it's quite "tendril-y"
 Before brushing
Before brushing. See the middle back is still quite straight, that is where it was still damp.

After brushing.
Verdict: This was a quick and easy way to style your hair if you don't have time for a full blown set. As you can see, the front pieces (near my face) have sort of seperated into barrels, whilst the rest of my hair fell into a gentle wave. This could be due to the dampness of my hair or the way I rolled it. In the future, I think I'd like to try rolling my hair under so it curls towards my face (as it normally does when I pin curl it). Otherwise, this is a useful style that would be particularly handy for a morning set, as you would have a cute hair-style to see you through the day and curls for the night!
Love
x

4 comments:

Renata said...

An interesting style! Similar to my 'lazy day' hair, after a shower I twist the front layers of hair from where my fringe starts and pin it at the back of my head so that they form kind of barrel curls at the front. It frames my face quite nicely, it looked good with your hair too!

Mabel said...

I have tried doing stuff like this so many times and it NEVER looks good! I've been struggling with trying to get curls my whole life lol.

Mabel
Mabel Time

Sofia said...

Ohh, video not available in my country =/

Anonymous said...

Perfect!!! I'm so grateful for this post. My biggest problem was to go to the work and have curls about hour after work, mission impossible.And now, I can go to work with this nice bow, which I couldn't do with pappilots. Love it <3