Sunday, December 4, 2011

All I want for Christmas...

More fantasy than anything else, I hope you enjoy browsing my wishlist. I must say, I get a little thrill window shopping the desires of others.
Books, books, books! In particular Anne Fogarty's The Art of Being  Well Dressed Wife, Heston's Fantasitc Feasts, Australian Woman’s Weekly: The Cake Stall and another year's subscription to Frankie!
 Any music by these lovely ladies! As well as Seeker Lover Keeper and this hilarious cover cd...




More David Attenborough!!! Probably a secret to all my blog readers, but I am a huge Attenborough fan. He is so enthusiastic about nature and life, I find him both fascinating and inspiring.

A little luxury, Dior's Rouge Bingo (held here by Dita)

More Dita, the Wheels and Dollbaby Dita Cardigan in Peach and Black (way outside my usual spending limits!)
Something I have been lusting after for over a year, Royal Albert's 100 years collection. I am smitten with the 1930's cake stand decorated in mint green polka-dots.
A piping set for macarons
A red KitchenAid Mixer, my dream appliance! (yes I dream of homewares and pastel fridges)

Passerine Romper and Robe from Anthropologie
Whip Me Stockings by Agent Provocateur, what can I say? I love the fetish twist to a vintage staple.

And of course, vintage items!
Lately I've been on the look-out for:
1940's hats (feathers and veils adored)
Costume jewellery, particularly novelty or sweetheart brooches from the 1940's
1930's and 40's cocktail dresses
1950's pencil and day dresses
A set of vintage egg coddlers
Petticoat or crinoline

What's on your wishlist? Real or imaginary!
x

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love the Royal Albert's 100 years collection!!! I have the 1930's teacup set and would love to get the 1950's as well. It's a shame they are so expensive :(

Sarah said...

Agreed, but I've seen them on sale in a few places so here's hoping the prices will drop! I'd love a collection from the 1930's - 50's, they are stunning. x

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

So many comments.

I bought the green and white polka dot mug as a gift for my vet last year. That is my personal fav as well.

I went to see Seeker, Lover, Keeper the other night and they were AWESOME.

I have that Dita cardy in blue! heaven. I wanted it in hot pink but it sold out. :(

One of my fav lippies was Dior's Holiday Red. Why do they ALWAYS discontinue my favs? Are they stuffing with me?

I LOVE THAT DRESS. There is nothing about it that is not perfect.

I got a Frankie subscription last year from my sis and it was one of the best pressies ever.

Youhave fabulous taste - Santa, I'll have what she's having.

x