Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Turbanator takes on the world... the lego world.

Like the title suggests, there's nothing new about my outfit in this post, just lots of photos of James and I being silly... with lego!
Coincidently, I thoroughly recommend the "Art of the Brick" especially if you were a lego buff as a child. It's not a giant exhibition, but the works are wonderful; a unique mix of whimsy and poignancy depending on your interpretation. There's something really captivating about seeing a childhood icon transformed into something adult.








This was my favourite piece, it felt so familiar to me and the tragedy seemed to be amplified by the medium.



Have you seen any interesting exhibitions, recently or in the past?
Love
x

3 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

haha, awesome!

MistressCatgirl said...

Those sculptures are really awesome. I saw the Bodies Exhibit at the Science Center in LA. It was really beautiful. My favorite display was that of the heart and circulatory system.

Sarah said...

Q's : he he, thank you!
MistressCatgirl: I also saw that exhibition when it came to Sydney, it was fantastic!
x