Sunday, February 12, 2012

Loving lately { links, tips and inspiration! }

I don't know about you, but I love Penny Dreadful's vintage tips, tutorials and links round-ups; they are a wonderful way to end a week! So, inspired by her comprehensive collection I thought I'd sum up a few things I've found interesting in a post I'm calling "Loving lately".
Let me know what you think and whether you'd like me to make this a regular event!
Plus, please let me know what you are loving lately!

To showcase Louis Vuitton's spring '12 accessories collection, Katie Grand has created an amazing short film with authentic thirties-style synchronized dance moves with big feathers!  Swimming caps have never looked so glamorous!

In a similar vein, why not check out Chanel's Shade Parade nail cabaret?

Elegant Musing's did a wonderful article about thoughts on thrifting

Diary of a Vintage girl did an interesting and inspiring post about what it means to be a "real" woman

Vixen Vintage's bra and bangle organisation

Also by Vixen Vintage, a very helpful and informative series on hats and hat pins including:
And more Hat help from In The Heyday with hat fixings and hat orienteering!

The Pink Retro Powder Room teaches you how to perfect red lips and how to create Liz Taylor date-ready makeup

A great post on how growing up is optional by The Little Red Squirrel

Strawberry Koi rounds-up some romantic Valentine's day hair styles

Retro Chick shows us how to make Hot Mars Bar Vodka!

Ravishingly Retro adds to the discussion on what it means to combine vintage fashion and feminist ideals

Q's Daydream inspires us with:
Juno Barrinton Vintage explains the lingerie cover here and here

A fashion diary from Dita Von Teese, warning it may make you green with envy!

Esme and the laneways provides some useful tips on stress and time management

Tasha from By Gum, By Golly shows us how to fake a good hair day with a beret!


Hasbeen's spring summer 2012 range, with gorgeous forties styling

Harriett from Bright Young Twins is featured in Vogue

Yesterday Girl and Fleur at the Chap Ball looking amazing!
For more inspiration and drool-worthy photos, check out Yesterday Girl's Part one and Part two.



Vixen Vintage's Ladies Luncheon
Photobucket









Michelle from Ravishing Retro and Molly from Molly Made look achingly cute in co-incidentally matching outfits!



Like Johnny and June the cutest couple on the web. He even bought her that stunning wiggle dress!

02.10.12 | outfit: smarties



Weekly Laughs


A Filipino traffic cop who  clearly loves his job!


Yes, I know Christmas is over but I love this video!


Kristen Bell's sloth meltdown: funny, weird but also quite cute.


And finally, a little something for the ladies...

Vintage Ryan Gosling (hosted by Vixen Vintage and why yes, this photo was submitted by me!)

Love x

4 comments:

Solanah said...

Thanks for featuring my post! Lovely to be among my favorite vintage ladies. And thanks for submitting ;)

xoxo
Solanah

alittlevintagestory said...

Great post! You've introduced me to some great bloggers I hadn't yet discovered too. xx Fran

Katie said...

Thanks so much for including me :)

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Although I adore seeing pics of you,this is my fav post ever by you.

A) We LOVE the same things. Some of this stuff I have seen and love just as much as you do
B) The stuff I haven't seen, well, it is like ten new discoveries in one post! LOVING!
C) What a surprise it was to see myself. Thanks, that's very sweet.

x