Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Uninspired

I wish I had something captivating to blog about today; a new outfit, a tempting online find, some secret vintage affairs... But unfortunately I don't.
I'm suffering from lack of inspiration.

A sort of humdrum that has plagued my mind for the past few months, broken only by a few brief spells of interest.
Lately it seems all my ideas are sterile, stale, dull. They lack the panache that I desire and leave me feeling empty, save for a paralysing fear that this is all my mind can produce. I silently plea that I'm not at my limits and hide myself away in a procrastinating haze.
I feel blogs are often forced to be positive and in most aspects this is a good thing. Blogs have become a place for people to share their successes and joys, but if you're the exception to the rule, the desolation sets in. Because for me,worse than being uninspired, is to be overwhelmed by exquisite work of someone else glaring obvious but so out of reach.
 So I thought I'd share my current faded feeling, in hope that perhaps one of my lovely readers has some advice.
What do you do when you are feeling uninspired or unmotivated? In fashion, at work, in your personal life... whenever you are feeling distinctly dreary in any area of your life, how do you pick yourself up and rediscover your creative side? Move from the muted to the radiance?

Love
x

5 comments:

Emma Litton said...

I totally understand how you're feeling! I was in the slump just a few weeks back. I made sure to give myself rest from feeling like I HAD to be inspired. I felt horrid and like I was not a creative interesting person. I gave myself a break from putting that pressure on myself. I did something that I enjoyed...a little bit of sewing. Then after a bit of letting myself enjoy and relax I started looking at Pinterest and blogs again. I felt like I was looking at it with fresh eyes.

I don't know if that helps but don't worry and just give yourself a little break.

xo,
Em

Ani said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes life gets hard and because i feel sometimes that blogs have to have a positive slant on things I had to take a break from blogging for a while. Sometimes you need a little break from the usual to allow yourself to be inspired and feel yourself again.

-Ani x

Mabel said...

I get it! I don't really blog about anything that's bad. Mainly because I don't think anyone would be interested in my doom and gloom. HOWEVER, I do enjoy reading about someone else's issues. I like to know that someone is having the same problems and me. And I like to commiserate.

When I'm feeling crappy, I listen to my favorite songs and sing. It's not ever a life changing thing, but it takes me back to happier times for a bit. Hope that helps a bit :)

I also bake something...

Mabel
Mabel Time

Tasha said...

I know the feeling. I think it's a bit worse when you have a blog, because you're following other people's adventures and see the creative things they're up to, and you're not feeling it for yourself!

I don't really have any advice, but I know when I feel like this about sewing or knitting, or putting together outfits, sometimes I need to take a step back from reading blogs, because for me it doesn't usually give me a kick in the pants I need but makes me feel worse. So I look around at ideas on Pinterest or my own books and magazines, and eventually I come around. :)

Like Mabel I try and keep my blog to mostly positive things, but I definitely don't mind reading about everyone's funks. We all go through it!

MistressCatgirl said...

Whenever I start feeling uninspired and its happened a lot,I try something new. Something that I usually wouldn't do. I've tried writing or keeping a journal. Learning to do something new always gives me the pick me up I need. I see progress and it gives me feeling of accomplishment. I hope you find something to light your creative spark.