Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy birthday to my chap

Today is my chap's 22nd birthday!
And while it is certainly a chance to celebrate the many wonderful things that have happened in his life (and the many more to come), for me, it's a chance to celebrate having him in my life.
We've been dating for quite a few year (as the shocking photo below will demonstrate) and I can honestly say that I love him unequivocally.
 Together we've had some wonderful times, but I think it's the day-to-day occurrences that make me adore him so. He is one of the kindest people I know, he is ever so sweet and he knows how to laugh.
And in an utterly selfish way, one of the things I love most about him is that he makes me who I want to be. He makes me happy.
I love you mr, Happy Birthday!
xoxo

And now onto some flash photography...

Oh my....
Oh no...

I provide this purely to you as a form of entertainment to offset the mush above.
But, oh no.
Here we are in early '07, a few months after we'd started dating.

For the record, it was a James Bond themed sweet-sixteen, hence the garter, the gun and the exorbitant amount of leg! (I was trying to seduce 007 with my leg, okay?? A perfectly reasonable explanation...)
And here we are a few weeks ago, I think we've matured quite nicely! Like a fine wine... or strawberry lime cider...


What did you think of me back in the day?
xox

9 comments:

Renata H said...

wowza! You do make a lovely couple :D I have to say, there's always a little shame in what we found to suit us in high school. You're very brave for unearthing the photos, the photos of me all punked up in black clothing, purple hair and panda eyes will remain forever hidden! Happy birthday to you and the lovely lad xoxo

Betty2Tone (Laura) said...

adorable!

Charmaine said...

This is such a lovely post! Honest and sweet without being schmaltzy. Hats off to you for eloquence. Sums up the type of relationship I strive for one day :).


On another note, I love your blog! Your style is amazing!

Charmaine xxx

Shelly said...

I wouldn't have guessed it was the same person on first looking!!!

You look lovely in both though, so it must be nice to know that whatever you wear you can pull off :) Hope you fine young man enjoys his birthday.

Shelly X

Janey said...

Those gloves in the more current picture are fantastic!!!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

You two are SO CUTE TOGETHER!

Lol @ the first pic. Don't worry, I can't even remember my 16th!

Bex said...

You guys are so cute - and what a difference!

Tasha said...

Oh my gosh, I don't think I'd have recognized you (well, either of you)! You guys are so cute. :D

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

OMG I hate my pinup oics. HATE! But I can't wrote that in case the photographer sees it. *sobs* I can't believe someone can make me look so bad. You should see the other ones that I am too ashamed to post. ARGH!