Sunday, February 17, 2013

Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?

She returns, better than ever, with a glimmer of golden hope lighting a soul as tarnished as the black in the cape burdening her shoulders...


Or not...

Honestly I blame it on this 1950's set I recently purchased. It reminds me of the dresses a deviant dame would pour herself into before she settles back with a cold martini to watch her latest prey struggle in shark infested waters.
(Or something equally as menacing... perhaps sharks with lasers) 

Photo sourced from Youthstep Vintage

As it is most definitely a criminal's costume, here I am, trying my very best to look fierce.
Yeah gurl, that's right.
Fierce.


And you know, also smiley, because when I first wore it, it was my birthday! And I was in a cape and velvet, so you know, super-villains can't be all frowns.


dress : Showcase dress by DVT Muse
shoes : Betts (thrifted)
bag : gift from my chap (thrifted)
1950's cape : part of a set from Youthstep Vintage

I decided to debut the complete set at Old Hat's January social, where I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting fellow blogger Nora from NoraFinds
Follow the link to read all about her First Old Hat Experience and browse lots more photos!
(Again, If you are in Sydney I urge you to join us at an Old Hat event. They are fun, they are free and we are friendly!)

Why it's the delectable Nicolette and I! Photo kindly borrowed from NoraFinds 

 The above and below photos have been rudely stolen from atomic_tim and chimeraaa's instagram accounts (respectively)


Bye for now, with great capes comes great responsibility.

12 comments:

Joanna said...

The last picture is so very sweet! You look very glamourous in your 50's dress and cape. I wish we had these types of events where I live. I really have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find vintage things and I'd love a hat event!

Miss Fairchild said...

You look absolutely fabulous!!! I adore that cape. You remind me so much of Dita in the 3rd & 4th photos. It looked like a fun event. I am working up the courage to attend the Melbourne equivalent - but so many fabulous looking bloggers...

Haute Rockabilly Fashionista said...

What an absolutely fantastic cape! I had seen it earlier on Nora's page but I'm glad it got a feature here.

HRF

norafinds said...

Ahhh you are just too beautiful and too glamorous for us peasants! Beautiful, missy! That set is just to die for, that cape is perfection and you're really the perfect person to pull it off! So so pretty! Can't wait to see you again soon :) :)

Nora
NoraFinds

Hannah said...

Oh my you look insanely gorgeous, the cape is like something from my dreams! xxx

Jessica Cangiano said...

There is a certain femme fatale meets fabulously wealthy 50s socialite vibe to this amazing set. It looks like a million dollars on you, gorgeous lady, and these photos - may I just add - are all thoroughly terrific, too (the last shot is so very many degrees of heartwarming sweetness).

♥ Jessica

Stefanie said...

Ahh I love capes. Something about them make me feel just so much more awesome, kind of like a good red lipstick but even cooler. Yes It probably the super villain thin. (My nick name at work is also Dracula so it could be that too).

You look absolutely beautiful and so glamourous. :)

hajjandumrah said...

I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you
epoxy coatings
glue removal
floor levelling
Polished concrete sydney
concrete repairs
concrete coatings

Jade D said...

just found your blog and love it. just thought you should know that haha

Gabrielle said...

You look lovely in that Muse dress. Would you say it is worth the price or should I pass on it? I am deciding on whether to get this dress or Dita's Follow Me dress.

styleonthecouch said...

Thank you for your email to StyleOnTheCouch and I hope my reply (just sent) helps you find what you need! Get in touch if you have any further questions!

Enjoying browsing your blog!

Sarah
www.styleonthecouch.com

Atta Rehman said...

I would like to say this is an excellent blog that I have ever come
across. Very informative. Please write more so that we can get more
details.
Architectural Walkthrough
Architectural Visualization
Architectural Rendering
3D Animation
Product Animation
3D Modeling
Corporate Presentation
3D Images
Real Estate Publicity
Multimedia Presentation