Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sydney Love Vintage Show

Over the weekend was the Sydney Love Vintage fair! These fairs are always a highlight in the Sydney vintage scene, but this one was extra special as I got to enjoy it not only as a guest but as a model!
This was my first foray into the modelling world and it was certainly something a bit different! 
I was styled by Bonnie-Rose for two different parades: a pop-up wedding and vintage clothing with a modern-twist. Here I am in the pop-up wedding parade as a 50's style bridesmaid.
As usual, I did my own hair and make-up, but I was lucky enough to wear this enchanting 1950's powder-blue dress with a matching floral hat and carry the super sparkly brooch bouquet by Nan's Button Box Bouquets
Thank you to Justin Lee for the first three beautiful photos! Check out his tumblr for more pictures of the vintage fair!



Some sneaky happy snaps!


On the red carpet with my matching bridesmaid the picturesque Nora from Norafinds. Clearly not a novice to modelling, Nora has aced the vogue couture face.
For more photos of both parades, including me in some psychedelic 1960's pants, check out Nora's post!
Thanks again to Bonnie Rose for including me in the parade, Nora for getting me involved and Justin Lee for the photographs! 


11 comments:

Renata H said...

Great photos Sarah! Was so sorry I couldn't make it this year, but it looks like you had fun modelling :)
xx

norafinds said...

Vogue couture? awww shucks!

Nora
NoraFinds

Hollie said...

goodness! that dress is an absolute dream! and you look beautiful as always! xx

Brooke F said...

You look amazing and that dress is divine!

GracefullyVintage said...

So beautiful!

Haute Rockabilly Fashionista said...

You and Nora both look absolutely lovely. Are the dresses vintage or reproductions? I only ask because it is so rare to find the same dress in two colors (or one).

HRF

Jeannee said...

LOVE THESE DRESSES!!!

Deborah Holtzclaw said...

Wow, great photos! I love those dresses, they are fantastic. And it looks like you did a great job modelong, congrats.

Deborah
Hellcat Vintage

esme and the laneway said...

Absolutely beautiful! x

Alice Hunt said...

Mmmmm such a gorgeous dress. Looks as soft and candy floss!

http://inregardstoalice.blogspot.com.au/

rudegurl32 said...

The Sydney Love Vintage show looks lovely!! Is it an annual event?
I'm heading to Sydney in February to finish my schooling. I'll be heading to the University of Sydney and was hoping you could shed some light on some great things to do while I'm there :)
Thanks
Lindsey!!:)