Monday, January 6, 2014

New meets Old: Elise Design

I love the mid-century aesthetic but buying vintage isn't always practical, comfortable or affordable. Reproduction brands can be wonderful, but there aren't a huge range in Australia and sometimes I find their looks a bit "same-same" and too rockabilly.
That's why I often find myself buying things at modern shops and adding a few vintage twists at home. "New meets Old" will feature top Australian brands that design feminine, mid-century style clothes.


Elise Design makes beautiful dresses in a range of shapes and sizes. They are well made and come in a range of great prints. They also stock some awesome shoes!


In an Elise Design dress

Do you have any favourite modern brands?
x

5 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

Elise Design dresses are SO beautiful!! I have been wanting one for ages, I might have to come to Sydney and snap some up :D I absolutely adore the boat print on yours :)

Anonymous said...

Good to see you blogging more! We have to catch up soon! New Year and all has been a whirlwind but hopefully when everything calms down we can catch up for a drink!
Also you may see I'm starting a new blog! New Years resolutions and such!

Jessica Cangiano said...

I'm precisely the same way. I adore authentic vintage of course, and certainly own my fair share, but I'm all about creating an overall vintage look when all is said and done and weaving modern vintage appropriate pieces into the mix is one of my favourite ways to do just that. Really looking forward to future posts in this series, dear gal!

♥ Jessica

Elizabeth Simek said...

I, too, came across the same problem as you. A lot of the modern vintage stuff looks too modern or is just too impractical, so I kept searching until I found what I wanted. You should check out eShakti (www.eshakti.com) in case you haven't already. :) They carry a variety of adorable vintage dresses, tops and skirts that can be easily customized to fit your preferences. My pocketbook has suffered horribly since I discovered them, but my closet is looking much more chipper! :)

I'd never heard of Elise Design before, but I'm so glad you've introduced me!

Emileigh said...

I feel the same away about a lot of the reproduction brands. I'm not always into form-fitting 50s rockabilly looks, so it's great to learn about another company that has more options!