Sunday, January 5, 2014

Skincare Saviours

My feelings on skincare swing between two extremes: the cynic in me fails to believe the hyped up claims, while the dreamer in me desperately hopes they will deliver. I'm ashamed to admit my vanity, but looking good sometimes does make such a difference to your day. In 2013 I stumbled across these two products that I think are quite effective.
This is the best make-up remover I've ever used. It's extremely gentle but still removes all traces of makeup. I used to struggle with raccoon eyes, even switched mascaras in order to rid myself of them. This cleanser easily removes any grey smudges and it doesn't leave any oily residue. Is it worth the cost in Australia? Maybe... it's up to you. If you are happy with your current remover, don't bother. But if you happen to be visiting France, or have a friend who is, perhaps ask for them to bring you back a sample.

I splurged on this peel kit before I graduated, wanting my skin to glow on the day. It is costly, but the price equates to the same as one salon peel or facial. I personally found it more effective than a salon peel and you can use it for around 3 months. I used it in place of my regular exfoliating scrub, once a week. I don't think the results are as amazing as the blurb claims, but for the first time I got comments on how "beautiful my skin was" and how it was "glowing". Of course, this could have been from some other factor, but I did notice that it helped clear my skin when I had breakouts. A good product to consider before an important occasion or if you think your skin could do with some revitalizing. 
What's your top skincare products?



1 comment:

Jessica Cangiano said...

That makeup remover is really appealing. I don't wear a massive amount of eye makeup usually, nor is any of it typically waterproof, but I find that it can be tricky to unearth a remover that actually takes it all off without having to scrub and scrub for several minutes and go through 1/4 the little bottle in the process. I appreciate the recommendation here and will be looking into if this remover is available in Canada.

♥ Jessica